Sunday, July 30, 2006

DIY Rub (that's a seasoning thing)

During my weekly veg-out in front of Saturday Morning Kitchen on BBC, Jamie Oliver was waffling on about rubs for meat vs. marinates. Now I can’t remember what he said, but I felt inspired to dig out the pestle and mortar to make my own for my Sunday lunch of Beer can chicken.


The following went into the pestle and mortar:
  • 1 x teaspoon of coriander seeds
  • 1 x teaspoon of cumin seeds
  • 1 x teaspoon of dried chilies
  • ½ x teaspoon of paprika
  • ½ x teaspoon of mustard seeds
  • ½ x teaspoon of black pepper corns
  • ½ x teaspoon of coarse sea salt
Grind it all up, and rub on the meat of choice. It seems that this will keep for a few months in a Tupperware, but it is fun to make, and I like the way it is a bit different each time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home