Saturday, June 24, 2006

The art of marinate

My friend Anders has always told me that the only time it was worth adding flavors to meat for the grill was when it was actually cooking. Now Anders is my inspiration for barbeque cooking, so I have believed him for many years, and I think I agree. Most flavors from a marinate don’t really sink into the food, and often burn off with the cooking.


But recently I have tried buying some pre-marinated dishes from my local Albert Hein and they have mostly been packed with flavor. The best two are the Chicken Piri Piri and the Chicken with Thyme and Lemon. Neither of them tastes great if cooked in the oven, but on the grill they really come alive. Perhaps it is time to try making a Piri Piri sauce from scratch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home